Thursday, March 18, 2021

FIRST IMPRESSION: PS5's VR 2.0 Controllers

 Hoi, allemaal! (Hi, everyone!)

Courtesy: IGN


Today, I wanted to share my thoughts on the Playstation 5's latest product - the new VR controllers.  

Courtesy: Gamespot


I just got done reading Gamespot's article introducing the special controllers for virtual-reality play for the PS5.

To be honest here, I wasn't much fond of what the previous VR controllers looked like - they looked like magic wands at first glance. However, with the upcoming VR controllers for the PS5, these seem to allow more natural movement from the gamer. 

Courtesy: Sony Playstation


Almost shaped like boxing gloves, these controllers seem more logical than Nintendo's JoyCons, which require players to use straps on the wrists to keep the JoyCons from slipping from one's grip when playing.

So, if I ever get a chance to get the PS5 - once scalpers don't charge over $1,000 for the console, that is - I would give this VR feature a try. However, I'm still curious about the Oculus 2, if whether or not that VR brand will be competing against the PS5's VR offering pretty soon. 

In the meantime, the PS4 still looks promising, when it comes to the current games that are in the market. That doesn't mean that I won't try virtual reality - I'm open to trying it out someday.


Ik ben de gamer_vrouw! (I am the gamer_vrouw!)

Dag! (Bye!)

No comments:

Post a Comment